APEC Architects is seeking a Part 2 Architectural Assistant or Project Architect to join our small, friendly studio in Birmingham’s creative quarter. We are looking to expand our team to support the forthcoming demands of delivering a number of projects through technical design to completion.
Our long-established practice works primarily in the community, heritage, culture, residential and third sectors; with the vast majority of work being user-led and fostering a collaborative design culture. Most of our work is won through reputation and we provide a high level of service in return, aiming for exceptional quality through every step of the process.
We work mainly in the Midlands and almost entirely using Traditional Procurement (JCT Contracts), working for a large number of non-commercial organisations with little experience of the building process. We take particular care in guiding our clients through the process in an inclusive and professional way.
We are looking for someone to join our team with the following attributes:
- Very good interpersonal skills, and the ability to empathise with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Exceptional visual, written and verbal communication skills.
- Appreciation for the ability of design to enhance social value, and share our motivations for people-led design.
- Creative yet pragmatic, with an attention for detail in both design tasks and when producing reports or technical documentation.
- Experience in leading projects through the technical and construction stages with minimal senior supervision, with the ability to work in a team.
- An ambassador for learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Enthusiasm and ideas for the evolution of the practice.
- Previous experience or expertise in conservation or environmental design would be desirable, but not essential.